MSCO - Mimico Station Community Organization
We are a group committed to saving the Mimico Train Station from demolition and returning it to its original beauty.
We want to ensure it not only remains an important part of Etobicoke's heritage, but also serves as a place to which the community has access. We are also committed to establishing a long term plan for sustainability that will make the Station an exciting, vibrant and well-visited destination in south Etobicoke.
Our overall objectives are to:
- Restore Mimico Station to its original 1916 design and look.
- Strengthen the sense of community in South Etobicoke by restoring a heritage building that stands as a reminder of the proud railway history of the area.
- Ensure Mimico Station remains accessible to the public.
- Create an educational centre for all to learn about the railway’s significance in local and Canadian history.
- Organize events to promote the restored Mimico Station.
- Create a vibrant attraction for local residents and tourists alike.
The MSCO is a registered not-for-profit charitable organization, with a formal volunteer Board of Directors.